Monday, January 3, 2011

Reflection on the first day at Electric Boat

     Well, getting to road island was an... interesting... experience. i had no issues on my flight from Florida to New York on New Years Eve. I had to go to NY to get my car which was left at Webb. Once i got to NY i realized i didn't have any concrete plans on how to get from the train station in Glen Cove to Webb. So i walked. It was a bit chilly and a bit long with some of the sidewalks not cleared off, but i made it after an hour or so.

     Once i got to Webb i realized that there was a 3 foot talk snow bank all around my car. I then realized that i was not really willing to walk all the way across campus to go get a shovel. so i tackled the problem with my shoe and a box. after 45 minutes, wet shoes, and much coaxing to my cars gas pedal i managed to free myself of the snow drift... and then back up into another one across ice. that one was a lot easier to get out of though so it didn't take long. By now it was dark and i still had to drive for an hour to get to a classmates house to spend the night. I made it there safe and sound, however, and proceeded to spend the next day just relaxing and lazing about his house.

     On Sunday morning i departed on the ferry from Orient Point to Connecticut. Once there i made my way to the extended stay hotel that we are going to be staying at for the next two months. I proceeded to trash the room with my stuff and my classmate did the same.

     Unfortunately we aren't really allowed to talk about what goes on at EB. But what i can say is that everyone that we met today were really quite interesting. For the next little while we will be going through orientation then begin work. We still have no idea what we are going to be working on.

     Hasta la vista,
     Eric Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment