Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some More Experience at GDEB

     So far life at Electric Boat has been pretty chill and fun. On Wednesday this week the superintendent of part of the facilities found me and told me that i would begin work in the environmental department the next day. It was interesting being in the sheetmetal area of the shop from the first day till then and i definitely learned a lot but after being in the environmental department for the last two days i realize that i get to see more of the facility working with them.

     Its also interesting being back there with the people on that team because the work that they do regulates how the people on the floor work. It is quite interesting to see how the procedures and methods they lay down affect the work floor.

     In addition, there is more snow here than i have ever seen in my time down in Florida. And on Friday there was snow falling as we left for work so I drove my own car so that i could see what driving in snow on the highway was like without endangering anyone else in my car. It was quite a fun and interesting experience.

     Hasta que tenga unos momentos,
     Eric Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment